Picture for illustration purposes only.
PHOTO BY EXPAT MEDIA
Updated on May 6, 2020
DUBAI – Filipinos in the UAE who have been asked to go on unpaid leave or no-work no-pay scheme will be given food assistance by the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
In an email to Expatmedia.net, POLO Abu Dhabi said Filipinos must be registered with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to avail of food assistance.
POLO Abu Dhabi said food assistance distribution is underway in the capital.
In Dubai, Labor Attache Felicitas Bay said POLO Dubai started its food assistance to Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) “prior to the 24 hour shutdown in Dubai”.
“We have assisted 100 OFWs in this regard. OWWA Dubai coordinated with a supermarket where qualified members of OWWA received their grocery bag,” Bay told Expatmedia.net.
“I hope our fellow Filipinos can understand that the food assistance is subject to availability of funds,” Bay said. “Much as we would like to address all needs, please do understand the restrictions and limitations,” she added.
Filipinos in the UAE who are on unpaid leave or on no-work no-pay scheme can apply for food assistance.
1. Download form through Polo Dubai website (click here)
2. Send the following documents to [email protected]:
– Duly accomplished application form
– Copy of valid passport
– Proof of loss of employment, no work, no pay status
– Proof of OWWA membership
3. A representative will contact you with information on the status of your request
1. Download the application form on https://poloabudhabi.weebly.com
2. On the POLO Abu Dhabi page, click on Submit Food Assistance Docs button (make sure you are logged on to your Gmail or Google account)
3. Upload the following documents:
– Accomplished application form
– Passport copy
– Proof of displacement from work due to Covid-19 (letter or email from company stating no-work no-pay status or unpaid leave for employee)
– Proof of OWWA membership
4. A representative will contact you with information on the status of your request
World’s toughest athletes to compete in Abu Dhabi’s Liwa
Miss Universe 2021: Mexico’s Andrea Meza, India’s Adline Castelino on Covid-19 action
Quarantine-free travel in UAE, Seychelles for vaccinated individuals
Dubai relaxes Covid rules for events, weddings, restaurants
Expat in Dubai fined Dh5,000 for not wearing face mask in office
Rush for child vaccination in UAE after Pfizer-BioNTech approved for kids 12-15
Review: Unlimited hotpot and Korean barbecue in Dubai
Expats seek help for Filipina with ‘nervous breakdown’ in Dubai
The cleaning boy who became manager
Cooking gas in Dubai: authorities toughen rules