Filipinos whose jobs were affected by Covid-19 will get financial assistance.
PHOTO BY EXPAT MEDIA
DUBAI – Filipinos in the UAE who lost their jobs or “have experienced job displacement” due to the coronavirus pandemic will be getting a one-time cash assistance of Dh730 ($200) from the Philippine government.
Filipinos on no work, no pay scheme will also be entitled to cash assistance, it was announced. Read full details here
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) though the Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Dubai and Northern Emirates (POLO Dubai) announced that applications for cash assistance are now being accepted.
In a statement, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said the cash assistance program is available to registered Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), as well as undocumented Filipinos who have taken steps to regularizing their status or are active members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
Bello said that POLO and OWWA will process the financial assistance, which is “good until the available funds are used up”.
OFWs in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, and those in Europe, America and Asia may also avail of cash assistance.
According to POLO officials in Dubai, OFWs who lost their employment or have experienced job displacement due to Covid-19 can get financial assistance. They must also be OFWs who did not receive financial support/assistance from employers.
Update on April 18: Filipinos on No Work, No Pay scheme will also receive cash assistance.
– Regular/documented OFWs with valid passport and appropriate visa or permit to work in UAE
– Regular/documented OFWs with employment contract processed by POEA or POLO
– Documented workers who have lost their regular or documented status
– Undocumented OFWs who are not registered with POEA or whose contracts were not processed by POEA or POLO but have undertaken actions to regularize their contracts or status
– Undocumented OFWs who are not registered with POEA or whose contracts were not processed by POEA or POLO, but are active OWWA members at the time of availment.
– Workers who remain to be unemployed at the time of availment of financial assistance
– Workers under “no work, no pay” arrangement
– Workers who are unable to work and receive salary due to Covid-19 infection
Applicants with residence visa in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah and Umm Al Quwain can contact POLO Dubai for assistance. For Filipinos based in Al Ain and Abu Dhabi, contact POLO in Abu Dhabi or the Philippine Embassy.
You can also download the form here
2. Fill in the form.
3. For applicants from Dubai and Northern Emirates: Submit accomplished form through www.polodubaiportal.org/dole-akap-for-ofws-in-dubai-and-northern-emirates or click here (you must be logged on to your Google account to access)
For applicants from Abu Dhabi and Al Ain: Submit the accomplished form here
4. Upload the following supporting documents:
– Copy of valid passport with employment visa
– Any proof of employment (upload only one proof): Verified employment contract, OEC, valid OWWA membership, Emirates ID, Residence Visa or Re-Entry Visa
– Proof of loss of employment/loss of salary/no work no pay scheme due to Covid-19
– For those with legal case: proof of a pending case that has caused their current “undocumented status, such as case reference number, case endorsement stamped by the POLO, etc”.
5. Upon receiving complete requirements, POLO shall evaluate the documents and notify the worker through email of the approval or disapproval of the application.
6. POLO shall advise applicant on where to claim Dh730.
You can contact the agency through the following:
Email: [email protected]
OFWs who are currently in the Philippines may also avail of cash assistance by submitting their application and supporting documents to their respective regional or local OWWA offices:
– Accomplished application form for special cash assistance downloadable at www.dole-akap.owwa.gov.ph
– Copy of passport or travel documents
– Proof of overseas employment, such as valid OEC, residence ID, visa/re-entry visa, etc
– Proof of loss of employment/loss of salary/no work no pay scheme due to the Covid-19 disease
Philippines eyes travel restrictions on UAE
Hotel in Christine Dacera case suspended
Dh50,000 fine for Dubai parties violating Covid-19 rules
Bus crash in Dubai’s Jebel Ali: more details emerge
Burger King gets a rebrand after 20 years
Dubai Municipality shuts down 2 shisha cafes over Covid violations
Rob Schneider pays loving tribute to Filipina mother
Donald Trump impeachment: What happens next?
Explosion at UAE visa centre in Dhaka: embassy issues statement
British expat wins Dh500,000 in Mahzooz draw