PHOTO BY ARCHIVE
DUBAI – With the coronavirus crisis affecting jobs and businesses in the UAE, efforts are underway by government and non-government organizations to help residents and citizens with food assistance.
If you or anyone you know is worried about where your next meal is going to come from, here are 3 ways to get help:
The Authority of Social Contribution-Ma’an program distributes food baskets filled with essential food items, including rice, pasta, beans, tea, jam and noodles.
Applicants must be a resident of Abu Dhabi and have either lost their job, experienced salary reduction or were asked to go on unpaid leave due to the coronavirus pandemic. They must also not have previously received support from any other government agency.
Go to https://www.togetherwearegood.ae/en/food-relief and fill in all the details.
You may also call the toll-free number 800-3088
You must send your application on or before May 23.
The campaign provides meals and food parcels to low-income individuals and families throughout Ramadan. It is open for all UAE citizens as well as expatriates.
1. Call 8004999 between 9am and 4pm
2. Tell the agent that you want to register for the 10 Million Meals Campaign
3. Give your name, address and contact details
4. Wait for your free meal to be delivered to your home
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in coordination with the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Dubai and Abu Dhabi is distributing food packs for distressed Filipinos in the UAE.
Filipinos in the UAE who are on unpaid leave or on no-work no-pay scheme can apply for food assistance.
1. Download form through Polo Dubai website (click here)
2. Send the following documents to [email protected]:
– Duly accomplished application form
– Copy of valid passport
– Proof of loss of employment, no work, no pay status
– Proof of OWWA membership
3. A representative will contact you with information on the status of your request
1. Download the application form on https://poloabudhabi.weebly.com
2. On the POLO Abu Dhabi page, click on Submit Food Assistance Docs button (make sure you are logged on to your Gmail or Google account)
3. Upload the following documents:
– Accomplished application form
– Passport copy
– Proof of displacement from work due to Covid-19 (letter or email from company stating no-work no-pay status or unpaid leave for employee)
– Proof of OWWA membership
4. A representative will contact you with information on the status of your request.
Filipinos in UAE warned against fake job interviews, recruitment scams
Sim card swap in Dubai: 6 sentenced to jail over stolen Dh6.2 million
Biggest pest infestation in Abu Dhabi revealed
Watch: Looters storm Louis Vuitton store in US
Dubai authority suggests tax-free shopping at malls
New Dubai rules on facemasks: who are exempted, when not to wear one
Confirmed: Emirates to lay off employees amid Covid-19 crisis
What really happened in 2019 Dubai plane crash? UAE aviation authority releases final report
‘Miraculous’ Covid-19 medicine found, Bangladesh doctors claim
Canada visa application centre reopens in Dubai
7 winners split Dh1 million in Emirates Loto draw