Image

Police have warned residents against the risk of suffocation caused by using charcoal heaters indoors.

PHOTO BY ABU DHABI POLICE


2 die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Dubai home

 

DUBAI – Two housemaids died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a villa in Bur Dubai, police said.

According to police, the women had left their charcoal heater burning overnight, building up toxic fumes in the room. They were found dead by their employer on Saturday.

Police have ruled out foul play. The deaths are the first cases of carbon monoxide suffocation in Dubai this year.

Colonel Ahmed Al Marri, director of Dubai Police’s crime scene investigation department, said on Tuesday that experts confirmed that the Asian women asphyxiated from carbon monoxide inhalation. He did not reveal further information about the victims’ identities.

Al Marri said the villa was newly constructed and windows and doors were tightly sealed, limiting air circulation.

“This contributed to the women’s death by what we call the ‘silent killer’,” he said.

In Abu Dhabi, police have warned residents against the risk of suffocation caused by using charcoal heaters indoors. ICA/Expat Media


ALSO READ

Dubai family found dead in Nepal due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning


For all the latest news from the UAE and the world, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube page

Share


ADVERTISE HERE Find or post new jobs, motor ads and classifieds

Explore Expat Media