Authorities handling a fire that broke out at a church in Egypt
PHOTO BY SUPPLIED
A young Egyptian Muslim saved five children stuck in a fire that broke out at the Abu Sefein church in the city of Giza.
According to Arab News, the residence of Muhammad Yahya is very close to the church. He went to the building after hearing screams coming from inside.
During the rescue, Yahya covered his nose with his wet shirt to block the fumes that were making it difficult for him to breathe.
“I quickly entered the church to save people … and I encountered a lot of fire and smoke,” he said.
The young man tripped and broke his leg while attempting to carry an elderly man on his back.
The priests from the church came to see him in the hospital to see how he was doing and to express their gratitude for his bravery. BKM/ Expat Media
For all the latest news from the UAE and the world, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube page
South African pilot makes emergency landing after discovering cobra under seat
Kalayaan 2023 in Dubai: Top 8 reasons not to miss it on June 10
First Filipino fluvial parade in Dubai to launch on June 10
Raffy Tulfo in Dubai for Migrant Workers Day
UAE: Jail, Dh50,000 minimum fine for sheltering juvenile offenders
Speeding in UAE: List of traffic fines from Dh300 to Dh3,000
UAE Central Bank cancels registration of 2 insurance brokers
Indian gangster Sanjeev Jeeva shot dead in Lucknow court
$1 billion Bitcoin fraud: Dubai sentences 7 for defrauding 180 people
Verbal abuse during livestream in Abu Dhabi: Prosecutors launch investigation
Philippines orders closure of famous Kawasan Falls