Photo for illustrative purposes only.


Don’t have  job loss insurance? What to do

Employees in the UAE’s private sector who are unable to register for the mandatory job loss insurance plan must provide information to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE).

Starting on January 1, the UAE made it mandatory for Emirati and expat employees working in private and federal government sectors to join the Involuntary Loss of Employment (ILOE) insurance plan by June 30 or face a Dh400 fine.

Upon registering, some employees received a notification to update their Emirates ID details and contact the MoHRE call center on 600590000.

ALSO READ: All you need to know about UAE Unemployment Insurance

“If you are an employee in the private sector and have a work permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation and when you enter your data, if you do not find your information, please submit a technical support ticket on MoHRE website, mobile app or contact the MoHRE call centre,” the ILOE said on its website.

The policy period can be valid for one or two years. Subscriptions are available through Dubai Insurance, the ILOE website, Al Ansari Exchange, and ATMs.

If a federal government employee is still looking for their information after entering it, they should contact the human resources department where they work.

On the other hand, employees working in the country’s free zones are excused from enrolling in the insurance plan. BKM/ Expat Media

For all the latest news from the UAE and the world, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube page


ADVERTISE HERE Find or post new jobs, motor ads and classifieds

Explore Expat Media