Picture for illustration purposes only.
PHOTO BY ARCHIVE
DUBAI – The 10-year golden visa system in the UAE will be expanded to include all doctors, PhD holders and highly skilled workers, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum announced on Sunday (November 15).
The major expansion in the visa system will be implemented starting December as part of efforts to attract more expatriates.
“We want to keep those who are talented here so we can continue together our journey of development and achievement,” announced Sheikh Mohammed, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The golden visa was originally offered to top investors, executives and scientists.
The changes in the qualification process means that any doctor, data and computer expert and electrical engineer can also qualify for long-term visa. The visa also extends to their spouse and children.
High students with top marks, or university graduates with a GPA of 3.8 will also be eligible for the visa, along with their families.
1. Doctors: All doctors, especially those in viral epidemiology
2. Engineers: All engineers in the field of computers, electronics, programming, electricals, electronics, active technology, AI and Big Data
3. PhD degree holders: Must hold PhD degree from one of the world’s top 500 universities
4. High-scoring students: University graduates with scores of 3.8 or more from approved universities
5. Researchers and scientists: All specialist researchers and scientists. Scientists must be accredited by Emirates Scientists Council or holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence
6. Inventors: Must have patent of value approved by the Ministry of Economy
7. Artists: Creative individuals in culture and art. Must be accredited by Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development
8. Investors: Must have invested Dh10 million or above in the form of an investment fund, establishment of a company or investment in the real estate or any other strategic sectors
Up to Dh100,000 fine for hiring visa violators, illegals in UAE
Major change to UAE Commercial Law explained
Burj Khalifa lights up in tribute to Diego Maradona
Indian father, daughter drown in Sharjah
VIDEO – Mina Plaza towers demolished in seconds
Dh52 Under Armour Bags, Buy 1 Get 1 and more deals at Dubai Super Sale
Dubai’s first Christmas trees of 2020 sold in Satwa
Ajman fraudsters behind Dh2.8 million scam arrested
Dubai launches new initiative to help visa violators
Can you eat 5 burgers in 5 minutes in Dubai?
Man wins Dh1.2 million Dubai apartment