Photo for illustrative purposes only.
PHOTO BY ARCHIVE
As part of its Young Directors Awards Competition in partnership with Bloom World Academy, Global Village has announced the dates for its free workshops. Based on the theme, “My more wonderful world,” the competition invites children between the ages of 5 and 14 to create a short video that tells the story of what they, or someone they know, would do to make the world a better place.
In celebration of Creators Month, the Young Directors Award competition will give two young people a chance to win a life-changing scholarship for their entire schooling at Bloom World Academy. The scholarships are worth over Dh1 million.
These workshops aim to assist young artists in creating their submissions for the awards. There will be three workshops, two held at the Kids’ Theatre at Global Village and one hosted online for easy access to all students in the UAE.
Film-making Workshop 5 pm, January 20, Kids Theatre: Nahla Al Fahad, Film Director and Producer, will host a filmmaking workshop at the Kids’ Theatre, which will focus on harnessing existing filmmaking skills and Al Fahad will give tips and tricks on how to shoot an amazing video.
Storytelling Workshop 5 pm on January 24, Kids Theatre: Maitha Mohamed, a content creator specializing in storytelling, will share learnings on the art and science of storytelling and how to keep audiences engaged through compelling content.
Online Workshop from January 20, online: Uzair Merchant, filmmaker, writer, and designer, will be hosting a virtual workshop with a pre-recorded guide on filmmaking, which will be available on www.globalvillage.com
All workshops are free to attend and will provide Young Directors Awards competition participants with invaluable insight, learnings, and tools to bring to their film production and impress the judges.
Entry requirements for the Young Directors Award competition:
– Video entries should be filmed and created by the participant and should not exceed 4 minutes
– Entries can be recorded on a phone, video camera, or any other device
– The competition is open to UAE residents only aged between 5 and 14 years old
– Any dialogue should be in English or have English subtitles
– Videos must be submitted before the competition closing date of February 1, 2023
– Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube as an “unpublished” video
– The YouTube link should then be shared on the Global Village online entry form: globalvillage.ae/young-directors-award
– Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and wonderfulness
– Bloom World Academy’s Committee will interview the creators of the shortlisted entries
– Finalists will be invited to the award ceremony at Global Village, where the winners will be announced
For more information about the competition and the submission process, please visit globalvillage.ae/young-directors-award.
PR/ Expat Media
Shania Twain in Abu Dhabi: star brings show-stopping performance to Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Miss Universe Philippines 2023 Michelle Dee named new tourism ambassador
Search for Miss Universe Philippines 2024 opens
Dubai: Spinneys invites public to join Guinness World Record bid for world’s largest cheese tasting
Dubai Police adds McLaren Artura supercar to patrol fleet
Watch: French ‘Spiderman’, partner climb Burj Khalifa
UAE announces $30 billion Global Climate Fund
Dubai: Sheikh Zayed Road partially closed for COP28
Bongbong Marcos apologizes to Filipinos in UAE for canceling Dubai trip
UAE leaders meet King Charles at COP28 in Dubai
New UAE Dh500 banknote begins circulation on November 30