Legally Speaking with Attorney Barney Almazar

Dubai-based lawyer Barney Almazar answers the most common questions regarding your legal options in various cases related to living and working in the UAE.



Can my employer file an absconding case against me if I’m not in the UAE?

As a general rule, an absconding case can only be filed if the employee is inside the UAE. However, your employer can file an absconding case against you and cancel your visa if you are out of the country for more than 3 months.


Do you have a question for Attorney Barney? Contact him at or know more about him here.


ADVERTISE HERE Find or post new jobs, motor ads and classifieds

Explore Expat Media