Picture for illustration purposes only.
PHOTO BY ARCHIVE
DUBAI – The UAE has refuted Qatar’s allegations of mass deportation of Qatari citizens in the country.
The UAE reiterated its commitment to the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and said it rejects any form of racial discrimination.It referred to the statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation on July 5.
The memo included documents that proved thousands of Qataris were staying in the UAE after the boycott began in June last year.
It also included documents showing that thousands of Qataris had been allowed to enter the UAE in the course of the crisis.
The UAE said Qataris enjoy the same rights in the country as other expatriates, and visitors.
The memo pointed out that the action taken was primarily against the Qatari government’s support of extremism and terrorism as well as against Doha’s policy of trying to destabilise the UAE and other countries in the region.
The UAE said its precautionary measures were not aimed at harming Qatari citizens, who already suffer as a result of their government’s actions. WAM
Up to Dh1,000 speeding fine as new UAE speed limit starts on Sunday
20 scholarships up for grabs in Dubai
Summer retreat: Lake Geneva in Lausanne
Fine dining at Emirates Park Zoo & Resort
UAE bans import of live birds, eggs from Malaysia
Oman ministry announces Eid Al Adha tourist offers