Picture for illustration purposes only.
PHOTO BY ARCHIVE
DUBAI – A Filipina who accidentally swallowed her denture was saved by a timely surgery at a hospital in Ras Al Khaimah.
The incident happened on Tuesday after the 38-year-old woman slept without removing the denture, said Dr Mariam Al Khattari, head of the endoscopy department of Ibrahim bin Hamad Obaidullah Hospital.
Al Khattari said that when the Filipina awoke from her sleep, she drank some water and swallowed the denture.
It was stuck in the middle part of her esophagus, causing her to have trouble swallowing. An x-ray showed the denture lodged inside her body.
Surgeons at the hospital in Ras Al Khaimah performed a quick endoscopic operation in 15 minutes to extract the denture. GAD/Expat Media
More rain, cold weather expected in UAE
Watch: Dubai breaks another world record with drones
Traffic fines discount scheme extended: RAK Police
5G internet coming to the UAE in 2019
UAE residents to have shortest Ramadan fasting period in four years
Ramadan in UAE: expert predicts likely start date
Watch: Key bridge to Dubai Expo site opens
Dubai tourists rescued from sinking boat, police reward crew
‘Secret’ Abu Dhabi park undergoes major revamp
Indian couple killed, 6 injured in Sharjah car crash