Picture for illustration purposes only.
PHOTO BY ARCHIVE
DUBAI – A Filipina who accidentally swallowed her denture was saved by a timely surgery at a hospital in Ras Al Khaimah.
The incident happened on Tuesday after the 38-year-old woman slept without removing the denture, said Dr Mariam Al Khattari, head of the endoscopy department of Ibrahim bin Hamad Obaidullah Hospital.
Al Khattari said that when the Filipina awoke from her sleep, she drank some water and swallowed the denture.
It was stuck in the middle part of her esophagus, causing her to have trouble swallowing. An x-ray showed the denture lodged inside her body.
Surgeons at the hospital in Ras Al Khaimah performed a quick endoscopic operation in 15 minutes to extract the denture. GAD/Expat Media
Cyber fraud cases on the rise in UAE, says judge
Arson at Dubai Outlet Mall parking lot: man on trial
Saudi journalist’s death in consulate: new details emerge
Driver swept away in Ras Al Khaimah flash floods found dead
Secret language of flowers: What number of roses mean
Stolen Dh18,550 flushed down toilet of Dubai-bound plane
6 arrested at Dubai airport for tickets bought with fake credit cards
Pay extra Dh10 to fuel up in 5 emirates soon
Indian consulate in Dubai warns against fraud
Jumeirah Beach Hotel ready for reopening after 5-month closure