Late Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago (Left) and award-winning actress and singer Lea Salonga
PHOTO BY SUPPLIED
MANILA – As far as role models are concerned, who do Filipino women admire the most?
A survey by the multi-agency company J. Walter Thompson (JWT) according to reports yesterday showed that the female respondents consider the late Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago, Saint Teresa of Kolkata and award-winning actress and singer Lea Salonga as the women they look up to.
The respondents were Filipino women who belonged to socio-economic classes A, B, C, D and E and ranged between the ages 18 and 70.
The quantitative and qualitative research entitled “Filipina Next” was conducted by JWT as the world commemorates International Women’s Month.
The survey showed that most Filipino women are Roman Catholics and spiritual, which explains the choice of Saint Teresa. “Filipinas are prayerful and their belief in God is their barometer for success,” the study said.
Meanwhile, the survey’s other highlights are:
* 40 percent of Filipino women cannot relate to celebrities.
* 76 percent find many celebrities superficial. (It was not stated if the celebrities referred to were local or foreign.)
* 15 percent of respondents left abusive relationships.
* 41 percent said they “have taken risks in life that they otherwise would not have taken”.
* 40 percent “became more ambitious”.
* Three percent were encouraged to go to school or pursue further education. GAC/Expat Media
Rodrigo Duterte to visit Dubai for Philippine pavilion Expo 2020 launch
Calls for removal of barrier in deadly Dubai bus crash
New Abu Dhabi church for protestants to open in 2021
UAE announces school winter break
Indian teen dies in fall from Sharjah building
UAE bans sale of asbestos thermal flasks
New UAE astronaut wanted, says Sheikh Mohammed
2 new Instagram changes to keep youngsters safe
Abu Dhabi steakhouse rewards guests who spot elephant
Philippine Halal products to take UAE spotlight
Emirati jailed after hunting gazelle in UAE reserve